TRANSFORMING ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THE HEALTH & HUMAN RIGHTS OF WOMEN, CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS IN THE 2030 AGENDA
Launch of the Independent Accountability Panel 2017 report
Monday 18 September, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. conference room 4, UN HQ, New York
Please join us for the launch of the 2017 Report of the UN Secretary General’s Independent Accountability Panel for Every Woman, Every Child, Every Adolescent (IAP) – Transformative Accountability for Adolescents – co-hosted by the Governments of Denmark and South Africa, and organized by the IAP and the Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (PMNCH).
The IAP is mandated by the UN Secretary-General to conduct an annual independent review of progress of the
Every Woman Every Child Global Strategy for Women’s, Children’s and Adolescents’ Health 2016-2030. The report’s key findings and recommendations will be presented by the IAP Co-Chairs joined by a high-level and distinguished panel of dignitaries, followed by a dynamic exchange with audience members, representing Member States, UN agencies, donors, health professionals, civil society, young people and other stakeholders.
- Welcoming Remarks – Helga Fogstad, Executive Director, PMNCH
- Presentation of 2017 IAP Report – Carmen Barroso (Brazil) and Kul Gautam (Nepal), Co-Chairs of the IAP
- H.E. Jeff Radebe, Minister in the Presidency, South Africa
- H.E. Karen Ellemann, Minister for Equal Opportunities and Nordic Cooperation, Denmark
- Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General, World Health Organization
- Dr. Denis Mukwege, Member, High-level Working Group for the Health and Human Rights of Women,
- Children and Adolescents, and Gynecologist, Democratic Republic of Congo
- Mrs. Graça Machel, Chair, PMNCH Board, and Member of the High-level Steering Group for Every Woman, Every Child Interventions and Exchange with the audience
- Closing remarks