The United Nations Secretary-General Independent Accountability Panel (IAP) for Every Woman Every Child launched its 2020 Report at a High-level Political Forum side event on July 13, 2020.
From Page to Action: Accountability for the Furthest Left Behind in COVID-19 & BeyondHigh-level Political Forum for the Sustainable Development Goals, IAP Side event
Co-hosted by the Governments of Georgia, Japan and South Africa, and co-organized by the IAP, EWEC, UHC2030 and PMNCH, the event brought together eminent stakeholders from Countries, Parliaments, Civil Society and UN Agencies.
If you missed the event, click on any speakers in the Programme below a playback of their speech (< 5mn) ! For the full recording of the Launch event, click here
Part I: Welcome & Scene-setting
Part II: Core Discussion
- Mr. Elhadj As Sy, Chair of the Board, Kofi Annan Foundation
- Ms. Gabriela Cuevas Barron, President, Inter-Parliamentary Union
- Dr. Khuất Thị Hải Oanh, Civil Society Engagement Mechanism, UHC2030
Part III: Concrete actions to advance IAP Report Recommendations
- Dr. Natalia Kanem, Executive Director, UNFPA
- H.E. Mr. Kaha Imnadze, Permanent Representative of Georgia to the UN
- H.E. Ms. María Fernanda Espinosa Garcés, UHC Movement Political Advisory Panel, UHC2030
- Ms. Evalin Karijo, Project Director, Youth in Action, Amref Health Africa