Join us for the side event New hopes for accountability for women, children and adolescent health co-hosted by the Independent Accountability Panel (IAP) for Every Woman, Every Child, the National Gender and Equality Commission of Kenya and the Government of Mexico.
The IAP is a new panel of experts convened by the UN Secretary General to provide an independent and transparent review of progress and challenges on the implementation of the EWEC Global Strategy for Women’s, Children’s and Adolescents Health 2016-2030. The work and the recommendations of the IAP aim to ensure that EWEC partners deliver on the Busan promise to “work in inclusive partnerships to ensure no one is left behind”.
In this event, the key findings and recommendations of the first IAP report “2016: Old Challenges, New Hopes” will be presented. Speakers will highlight where urgent action is needed to improve the effectiveness of all partners’ cooperation in order to achieve the collective goals and commitments made in the EWEC Global Strategy. Participants will share best practice examples to demonstrate the importance of the GPEDC principles for the achievement of Agenda 2030 and the EWEC Global Strategy.
Presenting the findings and recommendations of the IAP report
- Winfred Lichuma (IAP member), Chairperson, National Gender and Equality Commission (NGEC)
- Brenda Killen (IAP member), Deputy Director, Development Co-operation Directorate, OECD
Responding to the IAP report recommendations
- Country perspective on aid eligibility criteria and effectiveness: Noel Gonzalez, Deputy Director for Policy Making, Mexican Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Aid effectiveness in humanitarian settings: Monika Sandvik-Nylund, Senior Regional Protection Advisor, UNHCR
- Private Sector perspective on health data management: Benjamin Makai, Senior Manager, Social Innovations, Safaricom
Please contact Mehr Shah (firstname.lastname@example.org), to register for the event no later than 29th November
When registering for the Side Event, please indicate if you have already been registered for the HLM2.
Further information on HLM2 of GPEDC registration can be found on the HLM2 website
Should you have any questions, inputs, or wish to be further involved in the Side Event, please do not hesitate to get in touch with email@example.com